Private Tours in Japan 2021 & 2022
Why choose a Japan private tour?
- Because it is flexible and suitable for meeting specific needs of travellers including mobility, dietary requirements, travel pace or accommodation preferences as well as celebrating special occasions such as anniversaries. It is also ideal for special interests' groups, for example crafts, sports, garden, food etc.
- A custom private tour can start and finish any time in a year, perfect for people who have specific time for travel.
- An off-the-shelf group tour may not include all the destinations you would like to visit, or may include places that are not necessarily of your preference, but with a tailor-made private tour you can select the exact destinations you would like to visit.
Our Japan Private Tour packages can be completely tailor-made for you, or you can pick from our Private Tour Model Itineraries. The Model Itineraries can be further modified or combined with our Group Tours or add Extension modules. It is truly flexible and personalised.
According to our guests, our private tours in Japan “work like clockwork”, which takes away the travel stress.
Tailor-made Japan holidays are great for couples, families, groups of friends, clubs, and special interest groups. All you need to get started is an idea of when and how long you want to go to Japan, the number of people in your group, your preferred travel style and perhaps what you want to see and do in Japan. Get in touch with us and we will create your dream holiday of Japan with you.
A great place to start with a tour is to see our
Packed with great ideas, these sample itineraries offer the best ways to create Japan private tours for various purposes. They are designed to be further personalised so do not hesitate to have us customise the tour or stretch it to suit you.
"Our tour was well organised and Journey to the East were very easy to deal with and tailored our trip to suit our interests and needs. Everything went smoothly according to plan. I’m sure we enjoyed our trip to Japan a lot more because of Journey to the East."
Guest rated their tour:
Liz and Terry King, Australia
(the guests travelled on a private tour 2019)
"The tour was fantastic, five star! We learned so much about the country and loved every day of our stay in Japan." "I truly appreciate your help and effort to make our journey enjoyable."
Guest rated their tour:
Nataliya Dolgova & Maria Cherkasova - Russia
(the guests travelled on a private tour 2018)
"We do our research beforehand and Japan delivered on our expectations - and more. We enjoyed the ability to enjoy Japan in our preferred manner - something we had serious concerns about prior to contacting JttE. "
Guest rated their tour:
Peter Boylan and Paula Fogarty, NSW, Australia
(the guests travelled on a private tour 2017)
"Congratulations to Journey to the East for tailoring our small group walking tour to Japan to cater for the interests and age constraints of our group – we learnt so much about Japanese culture and loved the experience."
Guest rated their tour:
Judy Noble, Australia
(the guest travelled on this tour 2019)
What do I get from custom Japan private tours by Journey to the East?
- A knowledgeable team of Japan travel specialists giving you advice on where to go and what to do to suit your interests.
- Completely personalised itinerary accommodating your interests into daily program as well as meeting your special requirements such as dietary and mobility.
- We are a Japan specialist tour operator, not a reseller of third-party tours. We design and operate your tour directly with vendors such as accommodation, guides, transport, restaurants, and activities. This means less chance of mishap or miscommunication.
- Comprehensive Handbook on travelling and enjoying your private travel in Japan.
- Dedicated client support officer to answer your questions before or during the tour.
- Selection of all transport options and times, and seat reservations where necessary.
- Draft itinerary with confirmed accommodation and daily program suggestions, which can be further adjusted as required.
- Final itinerary with all details confirmed and described.
- Personalised airport meet & greet and transfer to your hotel on arrival.
- Your private guides will be briefed directly by us about your interests and preferences, and any agreed programs for guided tours.
- Arrangements for luggage transfers with hotels, and tracking your luggage to make sure it arrives safely and on time.
How much does a Japan tailor-made private tour cost?
Cost of a Japan custom tour varies depending on a lot of factors including following.
Timing: High seasons in Japan includes; just before and after New Year Day, cherry blossom season from late March to mid-April, summer holiday season from late July to mid-August, autumn colour season from late October to late November.
Accommodation type: There are many different types of accommodation in Japan (please also read our FAQ on accommodation). Generally speaking, five star international hotel chains are the most expensive choices. Prices of ryokan can vary widely from more than A$1,000 per person per night to less than A$100 per person per night, depending on quality of property, services, and inclusions. A ryokan stay often includes a dinner and an elaborate breakfast. We typically use 4-4.5-star equivalent boutique style hotels and ryokans, however, we can use other types of accommodation if requested.
Number of guided days : We use private guides who exclusively work for you during your Japan private tour. Japanese private tour guide cost includes guide's transport and meals, and sometimes accommodation if the guide stays at the destination with you.
Mode of transport: Japan has excellent public transport systems, however, you may prefer to use a private vehicle at certain transfers.
Number of people in your group: Because there are some shared costs such as private guides and private transport, generally more persons in your group, less per person cost.
Because of these complex variations, it is difficult to give price guide. We have created some model itineraries and provided prices for each itinerary and here are some examples. You can find out the exact itinerary for each of the following and more at our Private Tour Model Itinerary page.
Examples of cost for custom private tours of Japan:
|Per person price for 2 travellers||Per person price for 4 travellers|
|14 Day Tour of Japan (low season)||[wpcs_price value=8400]||[wpcs_price value=7400]|
|10 Day Tour of Japan (low season)||[wpcs_price value=7600]||[wpcs_price value=6500]|
|14-Day Cherry Blossom Tour of Japan||[wpcs_price value=9510]||[wpcs_price value=8400]|
*US$ prices are approximate, using recent average exchange rate. AU$ price is the official price and will always be charged. Please refer to Terms and Conditions 2.1.
Please visit our Private Tour Model Itinerary page to see more examples. Or if you have own ideas for your Japan tailor-made holidays, we are happy to give you a cost estimate for the specific itinerary. Please contact us.