Private Tours of Japan - Your holiday, your way!
Our Private Tours are Custom Built to Suit You
Private tours are ideal for couples/families, associations, clubs and special interest groups. The flexibility that can be achieved in these tours makes them highly sought after.
Our custom built tours of Japan are truly ‘made to measure’, and according to our guests, they “work like clockwork”. All you need to get started is an idea of when you want to go to Japan, the number of people in your group and roughly when you want to see Japan. Then get in touch with us and we'll create your tour with you.
- We can start with a blank canvas and design your tour to meet your dreams. We offer suggestions and recommendations about what to see and do in the time you have available.
- Once you are happy with the itinerary, we start to turn your dream into reality. We book accommodation, transport, tickets, cultural encounters, guides and so on.
- Our comprehensive knowledge of Japan is put to the test as we carry out a detailed check of all the logistics for you to make sure the little things don’t spoil the trip.
- When you arrive in Japan, our friendly team will meet you and accompany you to your first night's accommodation.
- The result is your dream holiday that ‘works like clockwork’ and is travel stress free.
Suggested Itineraries to Get You Started
Here are 2 itineraries that you can use to inspire some ideas. Perhaps start with one of these and customise it to better suit your style of travel, what you want to see and do, or your particular interests.
7 Day Private Tour of Japan
This short private tour of Japan is designed to deliver an excellent taste of Japan for those with limited time. You will visit some of the ‘must see’ places in Tokyo, Hakone and Kyoto, get a feel for the culture and the cuisine. You will most likely come away from Japan thinking “I must get more of that”.
14 Day Private Tour of Japan
Another of our private tours of Japan, this 14 Day Tour of Japan takes you on a well balanced tour to Tokyo, Kawaguchiko, Matsumoto, Takayama, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Miyajima, and Osaka. With this itinerary you will appreciate the modern cities, see the beautiful landscapes, experience the culture, feel the history and savour the cuisine of Japan. You will find this is a comprehensive yet compact tour, excellent for the first time visitor to Japan.
The cost of a private/custom tour
Private (custom built) tours are so much more than just picking a tour out of a brochure (or some accommodation from Tripadvisor). Private tours are ‘made to measure’ for you. There are really four main components of your private tour cost.
- Your choice of level of accommodation – clearly, if you were to choose 5 star accommodation then it is going to be more costly than say 3 star accommodation,
- The amount of guide time you select – if you are a reasonably seasoned traveler we would aim to provide information that will reduce your need for guide time,
- The number of days you plan to travel in Japan, and
- The number of people in your group to share the group cost such as private tour guide.
Let's imagine there are two of you. Using 3 star accommodation with limited private guide time, you should budget from about $550 per person per day plus expenses. On the other hand, if you choose 5 star accommodation and private guide support most days, then you should be thinking of around $780 per person per day. Where there are four or more in your group to share some of the costs, then the cost per person will reduce.
Let us know if you have a budget in mind and we will work with you to get the very best value for the money you have.
A comprehensive working document
Our Private Tour documentation has a singular goal – To give you everything you need to have a vacation free from ‘travel stress’
Comprehensive daily schedules & recommendations
Booked accommodation details and maps to get there
Guide details (and guides get their special instructions so they know what to deliver)
Meticulous transport notes and timetables (right down to station, platform number and time)
All appropriate passes
Tips on travelling and even some suggested restaurants
Maps to help you get around
Handbook that makes travel easier in Japan